If spring is for cleaning then fall is for organizing and what better way to start than decluttering the garage. From tools to cleaning supplies to storage, the garage can often be the most disorganized place in the house. Fortunately Homz has you covered. Below are some trusty tips and inspirational items to get your garage organized this fall!
Get Tough on Storage
Looking for a simple, yet durable solution to garage storage? Look no further than Homz Durabilt Tough Totes. Boasting a variety of sizes (ranging from 10 to 27 gallons) and multi-pack purchase options, these totes are guaranteed to stand up to extreme elements. But the best part is that they are stackable, ensuring creating more space and storage will be a snap!
Need a little inspiration on how to get the most of your stackable storage? Let Jim and Durabilt show you.
Take Back the Tool Bench
Is your garage less a garage and more a wasteland for tools, bits, and accessories? With Homz, you can create your own workspace to keep tools permanently organized and accessible. The Camo Durabilt Tote Locker with Tray is great for storing hand tools and a great case to take on the go. Find peace of mind for all your loose tool bits and pieces with the Homz Durabilt Cart, which features two tall and four shallow drawers perfect for storing everything from screws and nails to spools of wire and tool sets.
Tote Your Toys
Are you finding the garage overrun with sports equipment and toys? Homz has several options to stash your rec gear while keeping it portable to take to the park. The Homz 17-Gallon Tub boasts roped handles and their fun shape and multiple colors promises they will make a fun addition to your space. The Durabilt Black Storage Box features a fun design that allows you to see what you’re storing for better functionality and includes a wall-anchoring capability for more space saving!
Clearly Colorful Organization!
One way to keep items stored and organized is by adding a splash of color. This could help you categorize by seasons, holidays, or even just by functionality or need. Get clearly colorful with Homz Three-Drawer Wide Cart. This mobile, multi-functional cart features clear drawers for easy viewing of its contents and comes in a variety of colors to allow you to color-coordinate to your needs. Looking for a little more color? Homz 18-Gallon Totes are durable, stackable, and come in a variety of colors.
7 Quick Tips to Get (and Keep) the Garage Organized
- Before you even begin, assess your space and what is being stored. Measure your space if necessary to get a sense of what you’re working with.
- Store items you use together, such as gardening tools and lawn chemicals, close to one another.
- Put bulky equipment, like lawn mowers, in corners, where they won’t get bumped or knocked over by your car.
- Place frequently used items, like bikes, close to the garage door.
- Stash seasonal or rarely used items in the hardest-to-reach spots.
- The garage ceiling is a great spot for hanging long, flat stuff you don’t use every day, such as ladders and sports gear. Make sure that any shelves you hang from the ceiling don’t interfere with your garage door’s operation and that there is enough clearance to avoid scraping the roof of your car.
- Make plans to semi-regularly (three to four times a year) sort through your belongings and sell, donate, or toss what you don’t need.
September 10th is National Clean Your Garage Day
We want to see your home projects! Send us a before and after of your garage and tell us how you are using Homz to get organized. We may feature your finished project on our Facebook page!
Sources include This Old House